Natural Scenics are aware that customers and visitors are aware of how their personal information is used and shared, and we greatly value the trust you place in us to handle your personal information in sensible manner. This page details the specifics of Natural Scenics Privacy Policies; please be aware that by visiting naturalscenicsonline.co.uk, you are fully accepting and compliant with the practices described below.
Your Personal Information
Any and all personal information submitted to or acquired by naturalscenicsonline.co.uk is controlled by Natural Scenics. Natural Scenics is fully PCI DSS compliant, as detailed further on this page. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for more information regarding our data processing and control methods.
How We Use This Information
The personal information submitted to naturalscenicsonline.co.uk is put to use in improving your online shopping experience with naturalscenicsonline.co.uk. This information is used to prepare and deliver orders, products, services, promotional offers, update our records and maintain your customer account with us, display customer reviews, and to recommend any products, services, or promotional offers that might be of interest to you. Additionally, this personal information is used to improve our online shop and accessibility, prevent and detect fraud or any abuse of our website, and to enable any third parties to carry out website maintenance or delivery actions on our behalf.
Information We Acquire
• Customer-Submitted Information: We acquire and store any information you enter on naturalscenicsonline.co.uk. You are fully entitled to refuse to supply us with certain information, but this may result in you not being able to access many of our features. The information you submit to us is put to use in responding to any customer requests, technical customisations, online shop support, improving our online services and products, and to communicate with you.
• Automatic Information: Whenever you interact with natrualscenicsonline.co.uk, we automatically acquire and store certain types of information, such as “cookies”, advertisements, or other content used in the promotion of naturalscenicsonline.co.uk.
• Mobile Information: Whenever you download or use apps created by Natural Scenics or its partners and, in doing so, request or consent to location services, we may acquire information about your location and your mobile device, which may also include a unique identifier for your device. This information may be used to provide you with location-based services, though most mobile devices offer the option to disable these location services.
• E-mail Communications: Whenever you open an e-mail from naturalscenicsonline.co.uk, we are often made aware of this via a conformation e-mail. We use this information to improve the structure and content of our e-mails, and in comparison to customer lists received from other companies in order to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. You are fully entitled to disable the option to receive e-mail updates from us at any time.
• Other Sources: At times, we may also achieve information about you from other sources, such as whenever you search for our products online, participate in a contest, or fill out a consumer questionnaire.
Sharing Your Information
Customer information is a significant part of our business, but we have no desire or intention to sell your personal information to others. Your personal information is only shared amongst those websites and businesses affiliated with Natural Scenics, and as described below:
• Promotional Offers: At times, naturalscenicsonline.co.uk will send offers to certain customers at the request of other businesses. In these cases, we do not divulge your name or address, and give every customer the option to disable this process.
• Protection of naturalscenicsonline.co.uk and Others: We will release any personal information when such a release is in compliance with the law, implement our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property and/or safety of naturalscenicsonline.co.uk and its users. This includes exchanging information with other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, but does not include selling or otherwise disclosing personal information in a commercial manner.
• At Your Request: Additionally, customers will receive a notice when your personal information may be delivered to third-parties and you will always be given the option to decline this process.
Is My Information Secure?
We continually work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We only ever reveal the last four digits of your credit card numbers during order confirmation (though we obviously transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing). Additionally, we also sustain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in the storage and disclosure of personal customer information. In order to fully comply with the preservation of your personal security, we may, on occasion, request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Customers and visitors are strongly urged to protect their personal information and prevent any unauthorised access to your account, password, or computer – be vigilant and ensure that you sign out of your account if you are using a shared computer.
Customers are able, at any time, to disable or deny the sharing and submission of their personal information, even when such information will be required to access their account profile or to complete transactions. If you decide that you do not wish to receive e-mail updates from us concerning our continued products, services, and promotional offers, or to allow your personal information to be used by third-parties to personalise advertisements for you, you an adjust the settings in your account at any time, or use the “Help” feature of your browser to disable cookies and similar data.
However, please be aware that the disabling of cookies and other browser features (such as Flash Player or the alteration of add-on settings) could result in you being unable to access your shopping basket or complete the checkout procedure.
naturalscenicsonline.co.uk supplies products specifically geared towards the model hobbyist, or similar product areas. As such, Natural Scenics products contain a variety of small parts that may be hazardous to children if swallowed, and these products are not for sale to anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use naturalscenicsonline.co.uk only with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian.
PCI DSS Compliance
PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is a set of standards created by card issuers, such as MasterCard and Visa, to ensure the security of credit card details online.
As an online credit card processor, Natural Scenics fully complies with standards enforced by major card issuers, such as MasterCard and Visa. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a set of guidelines created to assist organisations that process card payments in preventing credit card fraud, hacking, and various other security issues. Any company that processes, stores, or transmits credit card numbers must be PCI DSS compliant or risk losing the ability to process credit card payments.
The PCI DSS is a set of comprehensive requirements for enhancing payment data security that was developed by the founding payment brands of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards Council – including American Express, JCB – MasterCard, and Visa – to encourage the broad adoption of consistent data security measures worldwide.
The PCI DSS is a security standard that includes requirements for security management, procedures, network structures, policies, software design, and other protective measures. This comprehensive standard is intended to assist organisations in proactively protecting their customer’s details and information.
Natural Scenics follows the core procedures of the PCI DSS, which is a set of principles and accompanying requirements around which the specific elements of the DSS are organised:
Building and Maintaining a Secure Network
• Installing and maintaining a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
• Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security measures
Protecting Cardholder Data
• Protect stored cardholder data
• Encrypt the transmissions of cardholder data across open and/or public networks
Maintaining a Vulnerability Management Program
• Use, and regularly update, anti-virus software
• Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implementing Strong Access Control Measures
• Restricting access to cardholder data by a strictly business need-to-know
• Assigning unique login identification numbers and passwords to each person with computer access
• Restricting physical access to cardholder data
Monitoring and Testing Networks
• Tracking and monitoring all access to network resources and cardholder data
• Regularly testing all security systems and processes
Maintaining an Information Security Policy
• Maintaining a policy that address information security
Conditions of Use and Revisions